Thread: On the rocks?
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Sal

Question On the rocks?

My husband left me last week after returning to me for 8 years after he had an affair. He used to walk with God, and I still do, but has turned his back on Him, his lovely boys and myself to live on his own in a place of work with an outside toilet and hardly any hot water. He says he no longer thinks of me as a man thinks of a woman. Everything points to another affair, but he swears not - even to the boys. The jury is open as far as I am concerned. Anyway, reeling and not sure how to be. Sons are 15, 20 and 23. He is 49. At the moment I am having no contact except a necessary text regarding youngest a few days ago. I can't bear to see him or speak to him as it is so painful.

I can't believe I am going through this again. I thought we were rock solid and he was a 'changed man'. Clearly, I am mug of the year, but am wondering where God is in this as he promised me he would mend our marriage 8 years ago.

Did He mean just for a while? Not sure what to do or how to be. Any advice from people who have come through all this a bit more than me. Can't see the wood for the trees.