View Single Post
Old 9th July 2014, 11:33 PM   #29
chosen

Re: Am i sinning and how do i stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aokgal View Post
Dear Chosen...

I commend you for the sharing you do, both here and elsewhere.

We get no money back guarantee when we commit our lives to the man we love. My husband took on my 3.5 year old and instilled interest in her for science, car repairs, and some home renovations or rebuilding. She would never have gotten that talent from me. She is here on her days off, as they rebuild our Florida room. She installed the overhead fan and replaced the wood for the ceiling with a nail gun as he helped. In her home, she built her deck and planter boxes and upgraded on bathroom and all the fixtures. I would have taught her how to sew.

I think she got a deal with this man. She has visited with her father a few times in Texas, and the relationship is cordial, but not close as she is to my husband. They are buddies and he was not married before...so no complications there! I know some of your history, and as you say, we form a lot of opinions from what we have experienced. I hope things go well for you and yours.
yes my kids too have a brilliant step dad. They love and respect him and never see their own dad. so he IS their dad as far as they are concerned, even though they were all young adults when we met.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote