View Single Post
Old 5th April 2013, 01:00 AM   #136
Forever

Re: My wife had an 18 month affair

Sorry, you DO have something to lose I know...what I meant was you have tried everything else...

You suddenly "giving up" is VERY SCARY to a woman...even if all they "think" they want is a convenient platform to launch a new life from. If there is anything in her heart still there for you, this will frighten her to know that she is losing you because of her own stubborn selfishness and coldness towards your needs. This has been all about her and nothing about YOU.

If you do implement this, there may come a point where she accuses you of not caring about her blah blah blah and that you have not forgiven her the affair in spite of her stopping it. You can then calmly tell her that checking out of the relationship has nothing to do with the affair...but EVERYTHING with how she has treated you since. That you were willing to overlook that in favor of building a better marriage...but SHE is doing nothing to meet you on grounds that would have enabled you to see it through. Her recently saying that her feelings for the OM have not lessened was the final blow to your heart. That will give her something to chew on.

I will stay off your thread unless you ask me a question.
Good Luck and God Bless

Last edited by Forever; 5th April 2013 at 01:41 AM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote