View Single Post
Old 11th October 2013, 10:46 AM   #53
Roses

Re: Pray for Me Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unloved View Post

I knew she was calling his mobile. I tried talking to him about it. "Just friends." I am ashamed to say I didn't know what an emotional affair was until he left and I started doing research, which is when I also found out there no such thing as "just friends". As all his free time was (I thought) accounted for.... What can I say but I trusted him.

I now think he was hiding money from me in an account I knew nothing about. Just a feeling I have. Things don't add up.

I loved him and wanted our marriage to work. I got so many mixed signals from him. There'd be the old him and then the new. I don't think even he knows what his problem is.
Hi

If you've never known how much his monthly incomes are (usually paid into a bank account), the lawyers can check this out.

I'm somewhat amazed that your legal advice did not include any financial disclosure prior to any sort of financial settlement.

My female gut instinct tells me he was probably having far more than "emotional affair" with this OW/his colleague for a long time. Married men wouldn't leave their wives unless he's extremely sure of the prospect of OW. If OW works, perhaps your h thought he wouldn't need to support her. That must be extremely attractive to someone who thinks his money ought to remain as his.