View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2015, 04:35 AM   #42
melly997

Re: Courage to leave my 11 year marriage

Hi MSJ, I don't care how much your husband says sorry or that he'll change or that you don't feel scared - it's time TO GO. All too often we hear horrible stories of spousal abuse that escalates to permanent injury/disability or even death. YOU are fully aware of the bad situation & marriage you are in & as much as I believe in fighting to keep a marriage together I detest domestic violence - & that is what you are suffering be it physical or emotional. There is no way you can justify it or sugar coat it it's abuse & no one deserves to suffer that. And because you think fighting back makes you safe - it doesn't.
Your policemen friend could probably tell you of such stories so I'm disappointed that he/she isn't personally taking it a little more seriously to help you out.
My dad was am a***hole to my mum when drunk & one night I saw him break her nose, not something an 8 yo ever forgets, so I know things can escalate. It took my mum leaving my dad 7 years later before he got help.
Do not waiver from your plan to leave because a) it's in your best interest b) it's for your safety c) you deserve to be happy d) it may be the catalyst for him to get help (but ultimately this is not your concern).
I wish you well.
melly997 is offline   Reply With Quote