View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 05:08 PM   #28
1aokgal

Re: I feel betrayed!

Sirleo..

Both of you entered the marriage more as a business deal than with traditional values of love and companionship. It is no wonder this has become a mess of blame and family blackmail! This is not your first rodeo, as they say in the US. You married before and there were immigration schemes in place that first time, then it was annulled. I have heard of schemes to buy into a marriage. Afterwards, the marriage is dissolved and the groom pockets up to $25,000 fee. That is the "bride fee" I spoke about. After the marriage is dissolved, one has gained entry into the country and can later apply for assist on the system. Such maneuverings are against the law and a felony in most countries.

Marriage is for LIFE, and is not a bargain, as both invest the effort to make life in this peril filled world to be better because it is shared.

I agree with Forever, to take your wife to Canada and live together there. At least, you are not held in captivity to a poor economic climate. You can earn a decent living there. If she has physical problems. it is still better than living a life of bondage in poverty in India. The future can be what you both make of it. Consider this, and work for the good of you both. You are not her sponsor, you are her husband, and that was your choice with open eyes.

It seems she had not married before, and saved her virtue for marriage (from your description.) I really don't think her sole ulterior motive was to scam her way into Canada! While that is your take on it, it seems more reasonable, that she wanted to marry and have a good life with someone who cares about her. Be kind and make a decent life with her.
She feels your distrust and the issues you have that you judge her. That does not make an intimate acts possible as a pact of legal prostitution, a roof overhead for sex.

Time is moving on and living in separate houses only cements the upset and resentment she feels that your motives may also be questionable. There is distrust on both sides. How does your family feel about this sitauation? Your culture values family and children and I can't imagine how upset your mother must feel!