View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 05:26 AM   #20
1aokgal

Re: I feel betrayed!

dear Sirleo...

Based on what you have shared here , it seems you are between a rock and a hard place. You did, indeed, get yourself in a pickle! If you just abandon her she will sue you for support and maintenenance outlining her inability to work. If you have sexual relationship...she could get pregnant..and this seems unlikely anyway, since you are in different houses.

I think the idea that a man who has some status and social standing should twice enter an arranged marriage seems bonkers! You did not learn the first time around. You should have realized it was more about immigration, then it is about a union along traditional lines. Now you have bitten off Dr. visits and a life that isn't working for you.

I guess I would seek legal advice in your place and see how much it might cost to make a monetary settlement to her to end the marriage. It won't be an annulment, but a divorce on some grounds as "Irrevocable differences." I don't think her condition to be one that can be used as she had pre-existing problems and failed to disclose them. that malady would not be so serious as to warrant that for grounds for divorce. Basically, to be crude, I think you are had on this marriage. You are disenchanted with the issues and she feels your rejection. If her desire was to immigrate and that was her motivation, you are at cross purpses.

I think you might have to look at some kind of monetary arrangement to get an agreement to end the marriage like a "buy-out" to get her consent to set the machinery in place to end the marriage. There may be a long waiting period, depending on the law on that one.

If there is a NEXT time..go court and meet a woman the traditional way! I can understand the upset she had about the sexual angles. You did not make a distinct agreement if you had a business deal or a marriage. A marriage between two strangers is no attractive way to get one to be intimate.
Whatever occurred evidently was injurious to her and she doesn't want a repeat. Most new brides don't need 3 weeks to recover! I think you have a mess there. Are you justified to end the marriage? I'd say not justified, perhaps, but there exists no meeting of the minds to make a viable marriage. You would do better to make it attractive to her to agree to a divorce.

You have no true legal grounds for divorce by US laws. I think that would be same there.
The issue of a fraud comes into thought, but she doesn't have a serious enough malady to raise that issue. I think your freedom will cost you and take some time, but is not impossible.
I'd agree on a on-the-side money settlement to get her consent and file the papers.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 21st March 2013 at 05:35 AM.