2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums

2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Marriage and society (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Welcome (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5195)

Dave 30th April 2008 12:37 PM

Welcome

This is intended as a place for discussions on aspects of marriage and family life in society at large, rather than personal issues.

Ted Pratt 3rd August 2008 05:44 PM

Re: Welcome

Dear All

Here are some ideas about promoting marriage. 'Promoting' includes speaking, writing,or other activities.

Let me illustrate. I am a retired minister, who helps out in a local team. The team clergy responded to encouragement from me to offer more marriage preparation. They now provide two alternative Saturdays each spring for couples to attend for preparation. I would like to see them offering more - for example to use one of the two pre-marriage questionnaires, PREPARE or FOCCUS, and/or the Holy Trinity Brompton Marriage Preparation Course, but what is happening is more than previously.

So please use this forum - tell us what you have done or are doing, and/or ask for advice about what you could do, whether you are a minister, lawyer, teacher, health professional,civil servant, politician ...

Marriage is a foundation stone of national stability. It urgently needs all the support it can get.

Ted Pratt

Jenny Wilson 3rd August 2008 08:28 PM

Thanks Ted

having met you a few times at meetings it is good to know what you are actually doing

For me , I am a Christian GP. I have been interested in marriage for a few years since I started to realise the impact that relationship breakdown was having on my day to day workload, not just in the mental health consultations but in all sorts of others too.

I feel that this e forum is likely to be the start of things to come. I see that as a health worker we need to address marriage and its importance in two ways. The obvious way is an educational one. We all need to know from grass roots to government level that on average marriage is healthier than any other relationship and the offspring of married relationships do better not just in terms of health but in every other measurable category. I also feel that we need to support the marriages of health care workers as they are on a daily basis supporting those whose relationships are breaking down.

I look forward to hearing how others of you are working to promote marriage and how we might support each other

Jenny

grisham7 31st January 2012 12:47 PM

Hello, :)
this is Victoria, I'm new to the forum and eager to learn more about these interesting topics. Besides being interested in learning more about the place of marriage and family life in our society, I enjoy music, mainly violon and work in the business sector...

chosen 1st February 2012 05:35 PM

Welcome Victoria. Hope that you enjoy it here.

Clare Deane 25th September 2015 09:00 AM

Hi everyone!

I have just subscribed to the 2-in-2-1 newsletter and forum, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Clare, I am the Senior Researcher for a charity and research organisation called Family Matters Institute (FMI). Based in Bedfordshire, FMI aims to enhance the value that society places on family life and relationships. We do this through three main areas; digital, training of those that have first contact with families, and research that underpins and provides an evidence-base for all of this.

I am really interested in the discussions and topics on this forum, and will use it to discuss some of the Institute's research as it progresses and develops. If you have any questions about FMI's research, or any of the work that we do, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks very much, looking forward to some interesting and thought-provoking discussion!:)

Raymond 7th October 2015 09:16 AM

Welcome aboard Clare. Look forward to your insights.