View Full Version : Anyone have any music suggestions for modern wedding music?
10th April 2012, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a church organist/pianist, employed by an Episcopal church, and have been commissioned to play a wedding this fall. The conundrum I have is that the bride and groom want only modern music, no hymns at all, for the entire service, as well as before and after. The groom is a fan of classic rock, and also said to think in the spirit of Coldplay ballads, which would be helpful if I listened to them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in asvance!!!
3rd January 2013, 12:59 PM
If you're fans of classic rock, you know it doesn't get any better than a rock 'n' roll ballad. These are some of my favorite love songs that will always inspire serious slow dancing.
1. "All Of My Love" (Led Zeppelin)
2. "Angie" (The Rolling Stones)
3. "Beth" (Kiss)
4. "Feels So Right" (Alabama)
5. "Head Over Feet" (Alanis Morissette)
6. "Hold My Hand" (Hootie & The Blowfish)
7. "Honestly" (Stryper)
8. "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" (James Taylor)
9. "I Am Yours" (Derek & The Dominoes)
10. "I Don't Want to Live Without You" (Foreigner)
11. "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith)
12. "I Only Want To Be With You" (Hootie & The Blowfish)
13. "Love Of A Lifetime" (Firehouse)
14. "Love Song" (Tesla)
15. "Love Will Keep Us Alive" (The Eagles)
16. "Maybe I'm Amazed" (Paul McCartney & Wings)
17. "May This Be Love" (Jimi Hendrix)
18. "Open Arms" (Journey)
19. "Release" (Pearl Jam)
20. "Samba Pa Ti" (Santana)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.