PDA

View Full Version : Nervous before marriage

kattymiddle
30th September 2011, 10:30 AM
Hello friends, I am about to getting married in coming days, But I am very nervous Because I don't know whether i am prepared for it or not. How should i free from this nervous.

Raymond
30th September 2011, 12:55 PM
I assume you are a christian posting on here Kat. Your peace about this should be based on your agreement to be married. If you have doubts about that you need to sort it. Human doubts are natural but there should be an abiding peace from God in such a crucial undertaking. That's what I had anyway and that was good enough for me.

If your nervousness is just about how you will be and not about the decision it is much less of a worry although I know you don't feel that way. You will be fine. Just concentrate on the seriousness of the undertaking done in the sight of God, but try and enjoy it as well. It should be a happpy day for you and your nerves are natural.

1aokgal
30th September 2011, 11:04 PM
Dear Kat...

It is now a popular plan that you can sign up for premarriage couples classes through the churches. This is a series of group classes for the couples and it is a good chance to ask questions about your mutual expectations.

Is this being nervous about reservations about the other person or is there doubt that you think alike in key issues as religion, morals, finances and plans of where to live? There is no embarrassment to say you need more time, if this is a short term relationship. It is better to delay now than to realize, after the fact, you made a terrible mistake.