PDA

View Full Version : prayer for Gillian

jellybean28
23rd October 2009, 01:17 PM
Please help me to deal with the news that my Son and his girlfriend are getting married overseas while my daughter and I babysit for her daughter by a different father and my son's daughter. My daughter found out on facebook which has hurt her as she is very close to her brother, friends on face book have told son's GF stuff the family it's only one day, it they want to join in they can give you a party when you get back.

Son's father and I are separted and only time son visist father is when he wants money. I don't see them much as I live to far away for them to make the effort - funny a three hour drive is nothing for me, but too far for them
Don't know when they will share the news with the rest of the family, seems only friends are worthy of the news. My daughter is upset, am hurting for my daughter aswell as my son as this will not be a good union they both need to be more responsible. Please give me the patience and understanding I need to deal with this in a positive way.
Thank you and amen

Ageing Grace
24th October 2009, 11:32 PM
Oh, Gillian, you're growing so much - and so fast - in your compassion and understanding. I'm thinking of you, and thinking on the wonders of the human spirit. Where pain triggers misery & violence, it makes news. But far more often, our distress teaches us to see beyond (and through) the problem ... to become a little more god-like, if you wish.

I believe you have the patience and understanding; I believe you already know they'll need it. All children do, no matter their age! They're lucky to have you, and you're lucky to be well supported and loved. I'm praying (in my way) for extra solace to help you take this slight in your stride - and for some extra helpings of life's small gifts, to remind you what's great about this world and you in it :)

Wishing you peace, equanimity and love.
AG x