PDA

View Full Version : advice please

Unregistered
25th January 2002, 12:51 AM
I asked my husband to leave for a few days when I found out about his affair
He came back a week later then left after another week, last Nov. We had been happily married ( or i thought ) for 30 years
I desperately want him back. The OW works with him and sleeps round at his flat each night until she gets her divorce and new house end Jan.
It is all to quick for me. We have no contact Should i try to establish contact or just pray he will find his way back. Before this he was a wondeful christian man and father.

Kate
25th January 2002, 10:10 PM
It must have been a terrible shock for you to find out about the affair, but I would suggest that you try and establish some sort of contact with your husband again. If it's difficult for you to do, then perhaps there is a friend or someone from church who could help by getting in touch with your husband.

Prayer is important too and you could find someone else to pray with you and for you. I'm sure you'd value some support as you try to face and make sense of all that has happened.

Kate

Unregistered
26th January 2002, 05:36 PM
Dear Kate
Yes I am trying to pray and have faith that god will guide me
Several friends including our minister have tried to talk to him but he will not.
He says he is a changed man who wants different things from life. He does not go to church any more but told our son he still believes in god and he kows that God wants him to be happy.
He has always been such a kind lovung man i just can not even try to understand him.
I could phone him but she is constantly by his side all the time and whenever she is there he is very cold to me
I have read about trying to get happiness from within myself and hopefully in time I will have some peace

Dave
26th January 2002, 07:33 PM
Dear Friend

Your story, and the pain that lies behind it, are sadly all too common - that may not be much comfort, but perhaps it will give you at least the hope that there is life beyond today's pain.

It is clear from your brief postings that your faith means much to you - stand in that faith - God believes in you as a couple; he values your marriage and weeps alongside you in your pain.

Persist in your prayer, not just for you to be re-united with your husband, but that God will show you in your pain how to forgive him for the wrong he has done you. Stand in love and forgiveness, and when God gives you the opportunity, either directly, or perhaps through your son, show that love and forgiveness to your husband.

If you will make that stand, God will provide the Grace and strength, and although it may not bring happiness in the way people today constantly seek, you will find the deep peace for which you thirst.

You are in our prayers,

Dave