PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

sjane1024
26th July 2006, 04:21 AM
My fiance and I have been in a relationship for 5 years, we bought a house 3 years ago and have a beautiful life together. He asked me to marry him 1 year ago and we were supposed to get married in a year. He is a wonderful man, and treats me like gold, always has. I made a very big mistake and started talking with someone from my past through email- I just needed to know that I was going into a marriage honestly and would never be tempted by this other man. I needed to know it was over between us and I could build a life with my fiance and never look back. I guess I justified my intentions, but I know it was wrong. So two days ago my fiance found the emails. He was mad, and hurt and all the expected feelings that go along with a betrayl. It kills me that I hurt him so after he has been so good to me. I love him so much, and this thing with the other guy is over! I hate evern thinkning about how I could be so stupid. My fiance asked for the ring back and hasn't been able to look at me since this all happened. I tell him I love him every three minutes, told him I was stupid and if took the rest of our lives to prove to him that I love him, thats what I will do. I know right now he is grieving his partner and best friend and I hate seeing hime in so much pain. I want to get through this and get married and put it all behind us. Is there anything else I can do but apoligise to him, tell him I love him and wait. Should I give him space, should I smother him? Please help me save what is left of my relationship...

Kate
26th July 2006, 06:13 PM
Dear Sjane

I am sure you would love to turn the clock back, but unfortunately you cannot do that. Your fiance is shocked and hurt and probably needs some time to coem to terms with what has happened. There are some articles here (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/marriageclinic/infidelity/Betrayal.html) that may give you something to think about.

I think your fiance needs to know that you are genuinely sorry and distressed by what you have done. Given time he may be able to forgive you and rebuild things. Just remain loving and patient. I do hoep that you can both come through this stronger and wiser.

Kate