PDA

View Full Version : Use to be a Christian marriage

SuuVaa
6th November 2004, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

My husband and I were married almost four years ago. We clearly agreed on a Christian marriage ( we attended church reguarly, prayed together etc). He was the one who re-introduced me to the Church while we were dating.

For about the last few months, this has all changed. He says that he wants nothing to do with it and he will not go to church will me ( if he does it is rarely), he will not pray with me and he says that he does not care if he ever goes to church again.

To be honest this has made me cry - we agreed that our marriage would be a Christian one. He seems to think that this makes no difference to our marriage. I am just seeing his attitudes change and I am feeling like we are just becoming further apart.

I love him and I know he loves me - I just don't know what to do except pray

Does anyone have any advice?

bfl
6th November 2004, 05:29 PM
The first thing to do is to refuse to be depressed over the whole issue.

You know what you saw when you both agreed initially. Keep on seeing what you saw. Agree with God for a restoration of your husbands love not just for the church but for Him.

This restoration may not happen overnight but keep on keeping on. The expectation of the righteous will be granted. Continue to relate with him in the love of God. Love will not fail to bring him back to his first love ... Jesus.

I'm in agreement with you.

ChristianWife
8th November 2005, 09:55 PM
SuuVaa,

I agree with the previous poster. Do not be depressed, don't cry over it--instead PRAY!!

Continue to show your husband how much you love him and continue to honor him - do not nag him or criticize him for not wanting to go to church. Put your trust in God instead and wait on Him for a resolution.

God's Word gives us women a promise: that we can win our husbands for the Lord, even if they do not obey the Word--they can be "won without the Word by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear." That is a tremendous promise! Believe God! Read it yourself in I. Peter 3:1-6. Give your husband honor, even when he does not deserve it. Show him love and goodness. Praise him for the wonderful qualities that he has. The Holy Spirit will convict him. Be fervent and do not tire in doing good! God hears the prayers of the righteous!!