PDA

View Full Version : Men get hit too.

Rod1968
27th December 2003, 03:44 AM
I have been married 16years and over the last three my wife seemed to want to lead her own life, no matter what i tried. She was always out and lots of signs of her fooling around. Even admitting kissing another guy, a photo of her with a guy naked from the waist down etc. We were the only people to have slept with eath other up to this point i thought. She has sometimes been violent to me and my parents, leaving me and my son (15) so lonely and feeling unwanted. I felt desperately unhappy and met somone else, it really did just happen. I deeply regret that and told my wife. Despite constant talks and reasurances that she wanted it to work she spent a year attacking me, knifes, her car, when i was asleep etc. I had to move out a few times. I really worked at the marriage as i did still love her so much. The Police would never listen or believe me or my family members. When called to the ex home one night she attacked me in full view of my son, father and mother. This was due to her wanting to move in with her new lover. Neigbours called the police and without listening to anyone in the house or taking statements i was arrested for assault. As i admitted that i had pushed her away and slapped her once back during the attack i was found guilty though admonished from any punishment. The Police Constable concerned telling a totally fabricated story in court and evidence we had and witnesses being ignored by all. Despite the police admitting they hadnt followed procedure she was never charged for attacking me as before when previous complaints were ignored. Despite constant threats from her and her lover this year no action has been taken yet. Even with them harrassing and threatening my son, no action has been taken and still the police do nothing or believe me even when there is evidence and witnesses. I dont know who to turn to anymore as both the Chief Constable and my MP have not managed to get any action taken. I am left labellel a wife beater with a criminal record and suffering severe anxiety and depression. Does anywhere support or help abused husbands or are we all just disbelieved?

Kate
27th December 2003, 11:03 AM
Dear Rod,

We share your concern that the issue of women's violence against men in the home is very much neglected, although government statistics acknowledge that it does occur.

We have a special area on the site covering domestic violence and a page specifically for men (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/marriageclinic/womenrisk/menrisk.html) in such situations. You will find a number of links there worth exploring.

As it happens the first shelter for battered men is planned for Britain in the New Year. Read more here (http://society.guardian.co.uk/socialcare/story/0,7890,1111699,00.html).

We hope that you find some comfort in knowing that there are people out there who care.

Best wishes

Kate

Unregistered
3rd January 2004, 02:47 AM
Hello Rod,
have spent the past few hours looking for help for myself & alsovfound details of an organisation called Survivors UK who are there specifically to help men like yourself. Hope you get the support you need.
Keep smiling,
Lonely Mum x

Survivors UK Ltd
PO Box 2470
London
SW9 6WQ
Tel: 0845 122 1201 (Helpline: Tuesday and Thursday, calls charged at local rate)
E-mail: info@survivorsuk.org

Liz
3rd January 2004, 01:13 PM
yes, that's on the page linked from Kate's response below
regards

Liz