PDA

View Full Version : Marriage ended

Unregistered
17th August 2003, 06:12 AM
My marriage of 12 years has ended, where can I get advice regarding sharing the proceeds of the sale of our property and business. He says I am not entitled to any of this. We have been together 12 years.

snuggle
8th September 2003, 04:34 PM
hi, just read your thread posted August, i am in a similar situation and was interested in how you got on, did you find out what you are entitled to?. My husband and I have been together for 11 years and he has the same attitude everything is his, I deserve nothing as he worked full time and I worked part time and had a daughter to bring up, not recognised in his book. My mail problem is he will not leave the family home!!, IT IS HIS HOUSE, so to avoid further conflicts I always end up leaving with my daughter, have done so many times and on the verge of doing so again.
Hope all is well for you.

Kate
8th September 2003, 04:57 PM
Hi there,

Have you visited the part of the site that has info on where to find legal advice in the UK - here (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/citizen/legal/).

Hope that helps. Good luck

Kate

Fletch
11th April 2004, 04:33 AM
This is always a sticky subject unless the two people can be reasoned with.

The truth of the matter is a marriage should be a team effort. Both teammates work weather or not both get paid is irrelavent. The property and assets should be split equally depending on how many years were spent together acquiring them.