PDA

View Full Version : Same sex partnership privileges

Jose Penrose
30th June 2003, 10:19 PM
My partner and I have been living together for 10 years and have been together for 17. We have recently decided to marry to protect ourselves from inheritance tax and other disadvantages of being an unmarried but totally committed couple. There must be many like us who are actually NOT free to marry but who share the same commitment to the partnership as we do. What provision is being made under law for people like us. Not all couples are free to decide to marry. If the law is to change it needs to change for every one. We would be happy to sign a legal contract but did not intend to marry.

'''''
6th August 2004, 04:52 PM
',,,,,,,,,

Babes
6th August 2004, 09:50 PM
You should consult a Lawyer to find out where you stand in the Country in which you live. I don't know if you have seen the article about the agreement they have in France? It allows couples ( same sex or male/female) to go to Court to sign an agreement that gives the same protection that a marriage would concerning tax and property but without the legality of marriage( if you know what I mean?) I know that they are considering introducing it to Britain soon.

Rendal
10th August 2004, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I can't offer any advice but I wanted you to know that I think anybody should be able to share thier life and belongings with any one they love, regardless of marriage or sexuality.
In fact I think its a bloody disgrace that you have this problem. I really hope you find a solution.

Rendal