PDA

View Full Version : Internet affairs

touchfelt hurt
30th June 2003, 03:16 AM
Does anyone know anything about internet affairs. I would like to call it an emotional affair. My husband has been caught!!

Help please!

:(

Liz
30th June 2003, 01:35 PM
Hi, If you look on the Marriage Help Forum (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=13) there are a number of threads there about this subject.

You could also use the search button at the top of the page to search on internet affair and that woudl list all the threads about this subject. There is a section (http://www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/marriageclinic/cyberaffair/) on the site with resources and articles for those facing such challenges.

There is little doubt that those drawn into internet infidelity treat it as somehow unreal and don't acknowledge the real betrayal of trust and hurt that it brings to a marriage.

Liz

Joanne
11th June 2004, 05:52 AM
I'm not even 3 months married and trying to get over my husbands internet affair.

He wrote emails to a female friend of his (whom he's know for a long time) over the course of a year about how much they wanted to f*** each other etc. I have a thread posted under marriage help or whatever that list is called. My post is called 3months married and we're already close to divorce. Something like that.

If you're partner has inflicted such pain on you I am not the best person for advice right now since I myself am still in the height of emotions. THe things I've learnt though: communication and forgiveness are all key.

As for forgiveness...have I forgiven yet? NO. NO way but i am working towards it.

If your parnter has inflicted this on you communication is very important and your pasrtner needs to understand you're upset and strugging to overcome it. It's a horrible horroible feeling.

I wish you the best of luck.

Mama
13th June 2004, 11:20 PM
To the girl married 3 months... get out now while you don't have children! He has proven that he can keep secrets and that he thinks what you don't know won't hurt you. Internet affairs are only one step away from a real affair, he has given away what is yours and you don't have so much invested that it would kill you to get out.

Just Me
6th August 2004, 02:27 AM
Hello Touchfelt,

I am so sorry for what you're going through. I know how it feels. On msn.com there is a very good message board for people who are dealing with these types of situations. It is called "spouses hurt by internet infidelity" and is under the "groups" category on msn.com. The group is open only to those hurt by internet infidelity, so you must send them an e-mail and ask to join. It has been very helpful to me and has a lot of info on the subject.

Hope this helps

--Just Me